£30k - £35k
over 1 year ago
Workshop and Yard Operative, Alton
Our client, a market-leading, global provider of premium solutions for the entire construction industry, are recruiting for a Workshop Operative to join their team based in Alton.
This is a varied role with a thriving business where the people matter. Great career prospects with long term support and training.
- Salary of £30k-£35k depending on experience
- Monday to Friday
- Hours 0700-1700
- Overtime paid at time plus half
- Company perks and benefits
- Full training and on-going development
- Long term career prospects
Working within the Operations team as workshop engineer and remote yard operative to ensure that required output is achieved in an efficient and effective manner whilst adhering to all H&S requirements.
- Unloading deliveries, mainly by forklift and gantry crane, receipting paperwork accurately. You would be using telehandlers and 5ton crane to handle awkwardly shaped and heavy products.
- Out in the yard you would use a 3 ton industrial tele handler JCB tele truck as well as a normal Counter Balance Forklift and Telescopic Reach Truck.
- Washing and prepping heavy steel equipment for repairs and painting. Repairing and modifying heavy steel equipment for dispatch.
- Fitting and welding work required.
- Picking and preparing equipment for dispatch to orders
- Loading trucks by forklift and gantry crane for deliveries, including company trucks and external transport companies.
- Checking equipment for correct qty and / or damage and accurately relay this information back to the correct department.
- Suitable and organised storage of equipment, both new and hire.
- Being called on at short notice to carry out tasks.
- Assisting with regular stock checking.
What are we looking for from you?
- Flexible approach to work, early starts may be required in line with the nature of the construction industry
- Team player mentality, this is a team environment where everybody pulls together to achieve exceptional working standards
- Be organised and methodical with a can-do work ethic
- Work closely with line manager to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Be responsible with site safety high on the agenda
If you would like to be considered for this varied, rewarding position, please send your CV. You will be required to attend an interview if pre-screen is successful. We very much look forward to hearing from you.