£30,000 - £32,000
4 months ago
We are looking for an experienced warehouse supervisor to join one of our clients in Ipswich on a full-time and permanent basis.
We are looking for someone with at least 3 years’ experience in a leadership role within a warehouse environment to supervise the existing warehouse team and to ensure that all tasks, objectives and standards are being met on and ongoing basis. Candidates will need to have strong communication skills and the ability to constructively manage while being a team player with a positive attitude to work and staff.
• Supervise daily workload for all warehouse processes and organise the team along with schedules.
• Ensure that all work orders are double checked before leaving site
• Supervise and monitor warehouse yard and monitor the returns process
• Quality Control for all warehouse processes
• Recording, reviewing, and reporting all non-conformance issues
• Reporting material stock issues (both goods inwards and picking issues)
• Warehouse stock checking and reporting
• Control the ordering of consumable warehouse materials
• Continuous warehouse process improvement and reviewing
• Ensure good housekeeping and Inspect premises and equipment and schedule equipment maintenance and inspection.
• Complete all paperwork for incoming and outgoing materials
As a supervisor you will lead by example and set the tone for high standards, work ethic and the following of health and safety rules and regulations by overseeing the following:
• Management and monitoring of staff to ensure adherence to Health & Safety procedures
• Supervise and monitor adherence to Covid-19 procedures
• Record and report any incidents, concerns or near misses
• Supervise housekeeping to eliminate workplace hazards
• Full adherence to docking bay safety procedures
• Daily, Weekly, Monthly, quarterly safety inspection
- • Reporting security issues / concerns to management team
- • Co-ordinating “opening up” the site in mornings (6:00am)
- • Supervise and monitor “Locking up” warehouse at end of working day
- • Covering opening and locking site as required (holidays, absence, etc)
- • Supervise and monitor AEO security adherence / control
The Role is full-time Monday to Friday, 07:30 – 17:00 (shift subject to change) and interviews will be held over the next week or so, the deadline for sending your cv in is Friday November 6th.
You will need:
• Knowledge and experience of health and safety, IOSH or NEBOSH standard
• Proactive with an eye for detail
• Flexible and adaptable approach
• Sound organisational abilities
• Team orientated with a professional and resourceful approach
• Organised, punctual, efficient
• Problem solving approach both within the team and across all stakeholders
• Current Forklift licence
• Advanced computer literacy (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
• Motivated and driven with the ability to show strong initiative
If the role is well suited to you and you are looking for a new challenge with a company that wants to excel with you, please apply now and we will be in contact.