over 1 year ago
Warehouse Operations Manager
Commutable from Worcester, Evesham, Cheltenham, Redditch and Stratford upon Avon
£35-40,000 plus bonus and benefits
An excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking, fast pace business to manage their warehouse operation.
- Liaising with the warehouse administration team and manager to control daily requirements and ensure timely and accurate despatch of all goods.
- Planning and allocating appropriate warehouse space for efficient and safe storage and movement of goods, equipment and personnel.
- Strategic planning for the warehouse to ensure space and resource availability to satisfy future demands and identify areas for improvement.
- Explore process improvements, latest warehousing and distribution initiatives and continuous improvement of the warehouse department, including any IT initiatives, for overall business improvement and improved customer service.
- Mentor and develop team leaders in all warehouse and distribution activities, particularly in relation to people management and development.
- Plan and allocate work schedules / resources for warehouse operatives in conjunction with team leaders.
- Conduct staff appraisals for warehouse team leaders and ensure appraisals are conducted by team leaders of all other staff.
- Identify training needs and organise appropriate training of your team.
- Deal with disciplinary issues in line with the company policy.
- Ensure warehouse security procedures are enforced.
- Schedule maintenance and repair of mechanical handling equipment.
- Liaise with other departments such as Sales, Transportation, Purchasing and Marketing as required.
The ideal candidate will have logistics/warehouse management experience together with excellent people management skills.