about 1 month ago
We are looking for a committed and reliable individuals to join our client to help support the safe, efficient and successful running of the port. You will be a proactive and safety conscious individual who will work with multiple cargo types.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career. You will receive full onsite training to develop your skills and knowledge in port operations and compliance. This will equip you to operate plant and equipment (including pre-start checks), during vessel loading /discharging
We are taking unskilled labour and training up to full dock standards.
- To work safely and responsibly in all aspects of the role. Input to the development of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and participate in Tool Box Talks.
- Undertake core cargo handling operations
- To work as part of the cargo handling team and assist in general port operations
- Physically prepare and move cargo and assist in the preparation of stores.
- Ensure good housekeeping on the Port as directed by the supervisors.
- Undertake basic maintenance tasks as required across all port assets.
- Work flexibly to permit full operational benefit of labour.
- To work in compliance with PORT Safety, Environmental and Security policies.
- Physically fit
- Aptitude to learn new skills and have a flexible outlook.
- Ability to fit into and enhance the existing operations team.
- Be physically fit and be able to carry out manual task.
- Previous experience of working in a port or other similar marine or operational environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £8.25 to £10.25 /hour