Up to £25,000
over 1 year ago
Commutable from Birmingham, West Bromwich, Solihull, Minworth and Kingsheath
Up to £25,000 + benefits
Great opportunity to support a logistics operations team to ensure the highest standards of deliveries are met for all their commercial customers, ensuring that all scheduled deliveries are completed in line with the customers expectations. This role will be working rotating shifts 6am-4pm and 10am-8pm.
- Monitor and escalate any performance issues from drivers
- Planning daily routes for 30-40 drivers
- Compile detailed reports and KPI’s
- Manage transport planning using Excel and the system
- Dealing with customers, drivers and hauliers
- Being able to think on your feet and make quick decisions, based on the information you have to hand
- Providing support for the management team
The ideal candidate will be a good team player with excellent communication skills. Previous transport planning experience is essential along with good geographical knowledge of the UK.