about 1 month ago
Transport & Logistics Coordinator (Transport Planner)
Commutable from Wolverhampton, Tipton, Walsall, Wednesbury and Darlaston
£25,000 plus benefits
Great opportunity to support a logistics operations team to ensure the highest standards of deliveries are met for all their commercial customers, planning and ensuring that all scheduled deliveries are completed in line with the customers’ expectations.
- To manage the transport of materials into the service centre, plan subcontractors, as well as the ports in the UK and then manage the distribution of materials out to customers.
- To utilize vehicle loads and plan backloads efficiently.
- To ensure that the administration is maintained in relation to the control and reconciliation of materials coming in to the UK from mills and service centre worldwide.
- To control stock to ensure that deliveries and financial targets are met within the service centre.
- To measure, report performance and to support improvement in services, systems as well as working practices in order to meet the warehouse quality objectives in the most effective way.
The ideal candidate will be a good team player with excellent communication skills. Previous transport planning experience is essential along with good geographical knowledge of the UK.