£12.00 an hour plus overtime and shift allowance
Temp to Perm contract
TLP are currently recruiting for an experienced Rail Ground Shunter for a logistics business. The successful candidates will shunt, marshal and dispatch trains in a safe, punctual and efficient manner in accordance with Railway rules and regulations.
Flexibility is essential with overtime available across shifts, some days and weekends.
- Previous operational / ground staff / shunting experience within the logistics/freight industry
- Experience in a safety critical role
- Able to multi-task and make quick decisions for short notice changes to train plans.
- Ability to work independently and on your own initiative.
- Excellent and clear communication skills to relay important safety messages to your colleagues.
- Safety conscious and ability to remain calm in an event of an emergency situation.
- Flexible attitude to working hours as this is a shift based role
A full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential for this role due to the location.