over 1 year ago
Immediate start following successful interview
Technical Operator, Portsmouth
We have an exciting opportunity to join our prestigious client based in Portsmouth.
A world class manufacturer of High-Reliability connectors, Industry Standard connectors, Board Level EMC Shielding and associated PCB Hardware. Servicing a range of markets including aviation, motorsport and transport, energy, instrumentation and many more.
You will be part of a passionate and professional team, working in state-of-the-art facilities with opportunity for ongoing training and development and fantastic career prospects for the future.
- Starting salary of £17.5k rising to £20k with progression + bonus opportunity;
- 39 hours, Monday to Friday, 0800-1630 (Friday finish at 1530);
- You will be required to work a late shift after a period of time with hours of 1400-2200, there is a 33% late shift allowance paid on top of base salary when this comes into place;
- Full, on-the-job training from highly qualified and experienced management team;
- Long term career path within the business;
- Opportunities to attend industry exhibitions and research future technologies;
- State of the art machinery replaced every 5 years;
- 25 days holiday;
You will be responsible for setting, operating and fault finding (repair) of equipment in the automotive division, including Tape & Reel, Clipping and Datamate. In order to achieve production targets and meet the business requirements:
- Responsible for ensuring assembly machinery is running at all times within your control area;
- Undertake basic repairs and mechanical and electrical examinations;
- Communicate with line manager proactively with any issues that may affect delivery targets;
- Record regular inspections of equipment accurately and concisely;
- Report unresolved issues to relevant departments and ensuring timeline for rectification.
Qualifications and Experience?
- No experience necessary as full training is provided for the right person;
- A passion for engineering and the industry;
- An innovative and mechanical thinker;
- Exceptionally high standards and attention to detail;
- The ability and patience to work with intricate, small parts;
- Be trustworthy & responsible whilst adhering to health and safety regulations at all times;
- Be a team player but crucially have the ability to learn and work independently;
- Be looking for personal growth and development in your role;
This really is a chance to be a part of something great and the platform to be very successful, learn new skills and work with a company that really care about its people.