Sales Ledger Clerk, Felixstowe
to £23k + excellent benefits package + discretionary bonus
Full time, Permanent
Monday – Thursday 09:00-17:30 Friday 09:00-17:00
*Please note, we are happy to accept applications from candidates who wish to work a 4-day week on a pro-rata basis*
I am delighted to be working exclusively with my client, a well-established company specialising in container transport, in their search for a proactive and dynamic Sales Ledger Clerk to join their progressive, growing team!
Working within the busy finance team in this newly created position, you will have responsibility for ensuring that customers are paying in line with agreed terms and debts are collected and administered on a timely basis in accordance with company policy. This exciting opportunity offers scope for development and progression both in terms of role and reward! You can expect to be kept busy with plenty of variety as you will be trained on vessel closure procedures in order to support the Import team should the role be undertaken on a full-time basis.
Main Duties of the Sales Ledger Clerk
- Maintain the debtors list and ensure the list is under control and in line with our targets.
- Provide weekly information/reports to manage debts owed and actions taken to control cash flow, highlighting immediately any concerns regarding monies owed.
- Raise and send weekly statements to debtors, reconciliation of customer accounts.
- Regular contact with clients by phone and email to chase and collect money owed.
- Maintain an audit trail of contact and resulting outcome.
- Administer follow up letters and other course of action to maintain cashflow.
- Resolve sales invoice queries with operations department in a timely manner, advising management of outstanding issues.
- Any other duties reasonably required by the business.
What you will need
- Experience within a similar role highly desirable
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures and packages (FIS software – advantageous)
- Strong numeracy skills and a good level of spelling/grammar
- Proficient IT user – MS Office/Excel
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional and confident phone and email etiquette
- Able to work effectively within a team and independently
What you can expect
- To become part of a friendly, professional team
- Salary up to £23,000 PA + excellent benefits package and discretionary bonus
- 23 days holiday (increasing to 25 days) + BH
- Private medical insurance (after satisfactory probation period)
- Free on-site parking/Bike to work scheme
- Modern open plan office environment with plenty of natural light
- Full training to be provided on elements of the role you may be less familiar with
- Development and progression opportunities available for the right candidate
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply with a copy of your up-to-date CV today.
Immediate start available!