Isle of Grain
£10-£17 per hour
We are looking for people who are
• Physically fit
• Work to deadlines
• Work under pressure
• Health and safety aware
• Manual Handling aware
• Aptitude to learn new skills and have a flexible outlook.
• Ability to fit into and enhance the existing operations team.
• To work in compliance with PORT Safety, Environmental and Security policies.
In return we would expect you to learn
• To work safely and responsibly in all aspects of the role. Input to the development of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and participate in Tool Box Talks.
• Undertake core cargo handling operations including operating a range of plant and related machinery including front loading shovel, fork lift truck, mobile lifting platform and mobile material handling cranes.
• To work as part of the cargo handling team and assist in general port operations
• Physically prepare and move cargo and assist in the preparation of stores.
• Ensure good housekeeping on the Port as directed by the supervisors.
• Undertake basic maintenance tasks as required across all port assets.
• Work flexibly to permit full operational benefit of labour.
You will be trained in all aspects of port operative work and will be long term ongoing work.
If this role would interest you please forward your C.V or contact the Maidstone office. Or call Sam or Chris at TLP Recruitment.