This exciting new role will be a group level position and will be pivotal to our company achieving its strategic growth plans. The role of Operations Manager will be multi-faceted, fast paced and have strategic responsibility and/or influence across a number of functions. The role will require interaction with a variety of stakeholders at different levels both internally and externally. You will be leading the research, development and implementation of a variety of projects all driving efficiency, promoting best practice and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with the desire to learn and the capacity to grow. The role will require drive, pro-activity and excellent communication skills.
Some of the phase one projects on the agenda could include:
· Look to automate, reduce and improve process speed for competitive advantage
· Work with our clients, candidates and operational teams to identify opportunities to develop our offering and improve the customer experience
· Manage and keep up to date with relevant driver, agency, employment, GDPR, fire, environmental, security and H&S legislation, providing or organizing training and communication to all relevant teams.
· Ensure IT systems are operating effectively, efficiently and securely and look to Identify reduce/eradicate unnecessary costs in the business through automation and better purchasing
· Assist and lead the compliance and H&S elements of all new tender opportunities
The Ideal Candidate
A dynamic and charismatic individual, with experience/understanding of fast paced operations within the logistics, transport or recruitment industry
Able to foster and maintain a culture of participation, involvement, and continuous improvement;
A strong understanding of quality and compliance within the logistics or recruitment industry.
Strong leader and motivator, able to achieve tasks and overcome problems
Commercially astute and able to network and influence both within the business and within a customer facing environment
Able to travel, predominantly within the Midlands and Southern areas of the UK
Why join us?
We’re an independent business, owned by the people that work in it. Everyone here has the opportunity to become a partner, make a difference, and gain equity in the company
Many of our employees and business partners have been with us for many, many years, and we enjoy celebrating them and their achievements
We’re embarking on an exciting transformation journey and offer excellent prospects for career development. This is a great time to join our business!
Who are we?
The Logistics Partnership was formed in 2011 following the acquisition via MBO of two well-established recruitment brands – MVP and TLP Recruitment – from our then owner, a global recruitment group. We are an independent, privately owned recruitment group, driven by our commitment to operating ethically and providing the highest standards of service to both our candidates and clients.
Despite Covid and the challenging market conditions many businesses have experienced over the last 12-18 months, we celebrate 10 successful years since our MBO and remain focused on growth, recruiting new talented members to the team, joining us for the next phase of our development plan.