7 months ago
Materials & Logistics Manager
Commutable from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Kidderminster, West Bromwich and Tamworth
£40-45,000 plus excellent benefits
An excellent opportunity to join a growing manufacture who are seeking a Materials Manager to manage material planning, production planning and stores ahead of production.
·Deliver as a member of the team optimal levels of performance on cost, resource, service requirements by utilising continuous improvement tools and techniques as a norm. Provide functional support when working with Central operations teams in delivering business wide initiatives
- Works with Site management team to provide commentary for financial reporting
- Facilitate review of production reports with Plant Managers to identify opportunities to improve or identify root cause of variances to standards
- Provide support through detailed analysis of manufacturing reporting systems the Manufacturing Manager, Plant Managers & FM with regards to SAP reporting & maintenance of site housekeeping, including BOM’s
- Provide support to manufacturing teams by organising required overtime cover, through the creation of rules/standards that will ensure fairness
- To continuously challenge and improve manufacturing processes and encourage others to do the same
- To actively participate and contribute to the optimisation of cross-functional working processes and procedures, which will enable the plant infrastructure standards to be maintained or improved
The successful candidate will have management and leadership experience within a commercially challenging, results driven and fast paced food manufacturing environment. This position requires someone with excellent knowledge of material planning, production planning and logistics.