almost 2 years ago
Commutable from Birmingham, West Bromwich, Shirley and Coleshill
£20-24,000 + benefits
Great opportunity to support a logistics operations team to ensure the highest standards of deliveries are met for all their commercial customers, ensuring that all scheduled deliveries are completed in line with the customers’ expectations.
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring you comply with statutory law, company policy & health & safety guidelines
- Maintain & achieve agreed customer service levels
- Dealing with customers via telephone & email to book deliveries & keeping them up to date with progress
- Dealing with queries from customers, rectifying & keeping both the customer & management team fully up to date on progress
- Inputting orders onto system
- Transferring of EDI orders onto system
- Booking stock in and out
- Stock control, management and movement
- Preparing warehouse pick lists & keeping stock files updated
- Entering consignment details onto carrier systems
- Liaising with the warehouse and transport to ensure orders are correct.
- Ensuring drivers have correct paperwork for deliveries & are aware of any customer requirements
- Following up previous days deliveries to ensure they were actioned correctly.
- Entering costs of shipments onto system ready for invoicing
- Collating of POD’s checking, filing & sending to customers if required
The ideal candidate will be a good team player with excellent communication skills. Previous logistics/transport administration experience is essential for this role.
TLP has been placing Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering and Manufacturing professionals for over 20 years. For more information on TLP, or to view our current portfolio of vacancies, please visit our website. Please note that it is our policy to add the details of all applicants to our database.
TLP acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Please note that by applying for this position you consent to TLP processing and storing your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work finding services. We process your personal data in accordance with data protection laws, which require us to give you a Privacy Statement to explain how we manage your personal data. Our full Privacy Statement is available to view on the TLP website, or it can be provided upon request.