about 2 years ago
Commutable from Colchester, Harwich, Great Bentley and Clacton on Sea
£23-26,000 plus excellent benefits
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading business to provide effective, efficient and safe routing for the logistics of hazardous materials including chemicals.International trade compliance is essential to this role, both to our internal and external customers.
- Ensure quotations are issued in a timely manner and that all cost models built up are captured.
- Ensure that the Company’s export and transit licences are used in the correct manner and all information is captured and processes followed.
- Ensure communications with HMRC are expedited efficiently and fully comply with lawful requirements.
- Produce documents in a compliant manner and process in a timely manner. Assist the Head of Freight Forwarding to ensure no omissions to Company Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure commercial awareness when undertaking charter bookings and that policies and procedures are fully adhered to.
- Ensure accountability with suppliers in regard to the provision of their services.
- To facilitate the growth of the freight forwarding departments customer base (new and existing accounts)
- To develop positive relationships with suppliers including customer service
- Develop new products and route to market including correct price tariff development
The ideal candidate will have worked within the freight forwarding industry with a good understating of imports and exports. Customs compliance experience is a must for this opportunity.