We are recruiting for our well-established client based out of Langham, Colchester.
The job requires a skilled individual with a flare for customer service and a keen want for learning, to join a growing office just outside of the city centre.
- Monday to Friday
- 08:30 -17:15
Duties of the candidate:
- Maximising and developing sales from new and existing customers through regular contact and activity.
- Working with clients to get a clear understanding of their unique and individual needs.
- Keeping a loyal and ever-developing relationship with existing customers from a number of platforms, ie, In person, over the telephone and email.
- Problem solving and dealing with customer requirements
- Reviewing your own performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations, and providing customers with quotations
- Negotiating on sales and costs
- Obtaining feedback on all quotes issued and reporting on quotes won, lost and pending
- Accountable for achieving the profit margins set out in the company guidelines
- Handling customer and overseas agent sales enquiries
- Obtaining rates from approved suppliers
This placement is a very fast-paced environment and all applicants will need to be willing to adapt and think on their feet and be self-sufficient in this ever-changing industry.
While a basic knowledge of freight forwarding is needed, as well as strong IT skills and the need to be customer service orientated, full training will be given in order to coincide with how the business runs and operate.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, 21 days holiday, enrolment into the company pension scheme and after completion of the probationary period, you will be entered into the companies bonus scheme.
Due to the office location in Langham, you will need your own transportation as the area is not serviced by public transport.
If you are interested in the role, please apply with your CV or get in contact with our Felixstowe office, there is an immediate start for the right candidate.