Up to £45,000
6 months ago
Commutable from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Kidderminster, West Bromwich and Tamworth
Up to £45k plus excellent benefits
An excellent opportunity to join a growing manufacture who are seeking an Engineering Shift Supervisor to prioritise and coordinate the activities of the shift engineers in dealing with plant or machinery breakdowns, planned maintenance, refurbishment, installation, improvements and modifications in order to minimise downtime and maintain the equipment in the best possible condition.
- To aid engineers in a hands-on role to maintain plant and equipment to improve machinery availability life cycle costs and efficiency adopting C.I. principles.
- To carry out all engineering work to a high engineering, quality, safety and hygiene standards.
- To effectively control the work list ensuring the best use of resource
- Involvement in project work as and when required.
- To prepare the shift KPI’s as directed by the Manager.
- To undertake other duties as requested with due regard to relevant engineering, operational, quality, safety and hygiene standards.
- To issue permits to work as authorised by the engineering management team.
- To work as part of a team with operations to improve line performance in efficiency, quality and safety.
- To be responsible for the shift engineers in line with Company Polices and Procedure regarding employee related issues i.e. Absence Management, Return to Work, Annual leave Authorisation and maintenance of the Time & Attendance system.
- Undertake completion of job audits and tool box audits on a regular basis
- Prepare shift reports for daily handovers
The successful candidate will be multi-skilled with strong competencies in both mechanical and electrical disciplines. This role will involve working shifts (4 on 4 off), days and nights.