over 1 year ago
Commutable from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Kidderminster, West Bromwich and Tamworth
£40,000 plus excellent benefits
An excellent opportunity to join a growing manufacturer who are seeking an Electrical Controls Technician to be a site technical expert on all matters relating to electrical standards and control systems, providing advice/guidance as well as hands on technical assistance as required
- To provide expert electrical assistance in the fault diagnosis and breakdown repairs of plant, wrapping machines and site services as requested.
- To continually upgrade and maintain the sites PLC systems and documentation.
- Project work including installation, modification, upgrade, commissioning and development as directed.
- To co-ordinate the sites electrical Authorisation and Competency certificates to all engineering personnel.
- To up skill the electrical skill set for all engineering personnel and develop the requirements as appropriate.
- To carry out regular audits of the engineering team and site to ensure the appropriate electrical standards, specifications and ECOPS are complied with.
- To administer and ensure compliance with the sites Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) system.
- The preparation, administration and upkeep of electrical schematics and drawings of plant, equipment and distribution systems.
- To have a detailed knowledge of plant electrical systems, site electrical supply and distribution systems.
The ideal candidate will be an electrical engineer with practical experience gained within electrical engineering function together with a background working on a plant, logistics or manufacturing site.