Business Development Manager – Freight
Salary £35-40k plus benefits
Are you an experienced in Freight Forwarding but looking for a new challenge?
This role will handle incoming new business enquiries and build / grow new accounts. Consistently presenting business values and looking at every new enquiry as an opportunity.
You will have responsibility for the entire sales process, from intelligence gathering / dealing with incoming enquiries / prospecting through to negotiating, securing and account managing for the initial 12 months.
- To generate new sales, linked directly to the current business plan. Focus and drive to achieve targets.
- Respond to incoming enquiries from our website, via LI, telephone and email.
- Source your own business leads and act on those provided by Sales and Operations Colleagues as well as using other tools given.
- To identify sales opportunities. Profiling all new business to understand intricately how we can support with freight / customs.
- Effectively present key features of our services to secure new business. Describe the product / service benefits and any special offers or promotions.
Strong, confident personality with a sales background and proven track record at face-to-face sales is required. If you are in Forwarding operations but feel you could win customers, this would also be considered. Time management skills are essential as are communication skills, the ability to prioritise and to work under pressure within a targeted environment.
TLP has been placing Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering and Manufacturing professionals for over 25 years. For more information on TLP, or to view our current portfolio of vacancies, please visit our website. Please note that it is our policy to add the details of all applicants to our database.
TLP acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Please note that by applying for this position you consent to TLP processing and storing your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work finding services. We process your personal data in accordance with data protection laws, which require us to give you a Privacy Statement to explain how we manage your personal data. Our full Privacy Statement is available to view on the TLP website, or it can be provided upon request.