£20-23,000 plus benefits
Excellent opportunity to join a growing independent accountancy practice with a friendly and supportive team.
The Accounts Assistant duties will be:
- Produce an accounts working file.
- Produce an accounts summary and a list of discussion points for the manager or partner.
- Work within a budget agreed at the planning stage.
- If required produce draft tax computations and a provision for inclusion in the accounts.
- Inclusion of statutory disclosures in line with the company checklist.
- Plan and control professional work for the firm’s clients within the firm’s standard procedures and identify basic planning opportunities.
- Working knowledge of computer based programs.
- Attend seminars to further develop and maintain technical and personal development skills.
- Attend training to further develop and maintain technical skills and if not yet attained to work towards a professional qualification.
- Professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to AAT level or equivalent as a minimum together with practice experience.