Why use a specialist recruitment consultant?
Perfecting and tailoring your CV and cover letter, spending hours searching and applying for your next job…then there’s the interview preparation and feedback - it’s a daunting and time-consuming exercise finding and securing a new role! Using a specialist recruitment consultant can provide a wide range of benefits for applicants, and help the whole process run smoothly and effectively.
A good recruitment consultant helps to guide you through the new job process, and understands the needs, wants and strengths of each of the candidates they work with. When you work in partnership with a recruitment consultant, you can trust that they have many years of experience and will ensure they have your best interests at heart and be dedicated to finding and securing you a new position. Recruiters have direct access to hiring managers, as well as in depth knowledge of the roles they are recruiting for, along with any previous interviews and downfalls that have happened from these. This means they are able to ensure that applicants are prepared the best that they can be and armed with knowledge to help them to (hopefully) succeed.
When you apply directly to a company you will only get the basic information about the interview process, and you could potentially also be going up against candidates who have had the benefit of an expert consultant guiding them with the inside knowledge of those little extra traits the hiring manager might be looking for that are not as obvious from the job description. An agency that has been recruiting in a certain field over a long period of time will have seen every different position offered by the industry. They will (hopefully) be bona fide experts in their field and be in the best position to help and advise companies and employees.
At TLP Recruitment, we have years of experience within our specialist industries, giving all of our candidates and clients alike, the reassurance that we are true experts and have the skills and contacts required. Indeed, we have worked repeatedly with many clients and candidates over the years, who come to us as the first point of contact when hiring, or searching for their next position.
We know how to have the difficult conversations on your behalf – negotiating a salary is a very difficult conversation to have with a company as it is a fine line to tread, but we are always well-placed to take this worry out of your hands.
Some of the other key benefits of using a recruitment consultant include:
- Recruitment agencies are free of charge for candidates. They are working on request and are paid by their clients (companies). Therefore, there are no costs for you as a candidate. You are getting help for free!
- Recruiters have an excellent knowledge of their market. They know which sectors and companies are forming exciting opportunities for people with your knowledge and expertise, and which expectations are realistic.
- Recruiters have a large network. Therefore, they can often quickly get you in contact with interesting clients and projects.
- Recruitment consultants have access to jobs that you as a job seeker often cannot see. They may have unique opportunities that aren’t available anywhere else. Through many years of partnership with clients, agencies can be the first to hear about particular roles.
- Recruitment consultants will follow up your application in the best way and gain feedback. You will receive feedback and/or will be assisted from initial interview to salary negotiation.
Using a recruitment consultant when looking for your next position could really make all the difference. Our expert team here at TLP Recruitment will always give you honest and reliable advice. We're long-standing experts in our field for a reason. Get in touch today